Dogs are man’s best friend, and their favorite pastime is kicking things. Whether you’re a couch potato who needs to get up and move or you have an active pup who loves to play fetch, there’s no doubt that pet projects are some of the most popular on Kickstarter. If you want something fun with your dog this holiday season, check out some fantastic Kickstarter projects!
What are Dog Kickstart Projects?
There are many excellent dog kickstart projects on Kickstarter. These are some of the best ones:
1. The Bionic Dog – This project is a prosthetic for dogs that helps them walk and run again. It costs $3,000 and is already overfunded.
2. WeGo – This project is a walker for dogs that allows them to enjoy walks with their owners without worrying about getting tired. It costs $199 and is already overfunded.
3. BarkBox – This project is a monthly subscription box filled with toys and treats for your dog. It costs $19 per month and has been funded twice already!
4. WoofTrax – This project is a remote dog training system that uses vibration and sound to teach them commands like sit, stay, come, and more. It costs $149 and has been funded five times!
5. PawPack – This project is a subscription service that sends dog-related items like food, toys, and treats to your door every month. It costs $39 per month and has been funded twice!
How to Find Dog Kickstart Projects?
If you’re looking for excellent dog kickstart projects to excite your pup about life, look no further! Here are ten of the best:
1. Dog Tag Tracker – This project is perfect for pet owners who love tracking their dog’s whereabouts. The tag tracker sends notifications and updates when your pet moves, plays, or barks.
2. Barkbox For Dogs – This project provides monthly surprises for your furry friend, including toys, treats, and other goodies. Plus, there’s a customizable option to create the perfect box for your pup!
3. PetSafe Home Security Camera – Keep an eye on your home while away with this security camera that streams footage directly to an app on your phone or computer. You can also set up motion alerts if something happens in the house while you’re not there.
4. Paw Patrol Musical Toys – Your pup will have hours of fun with these exciting paw patrol musical toys! They include two drums, a guitar, and other accessories that make noise when played together.
5. Hamster Wheel – Give your hamster a new activity to keep him entertained with this spinning wheel! It has a cage and enough treats to keep him happy for hours.
6. My First Telescope – Let your little astronomer explore the universe’s wonders with this fantastic telescope! It includes everything he needs to get started, including a mount and star chart.
7. Dog Crates – If you plan to bring your pup on trips or leave him at home for extended periods, ensure he’s comfortable and safe with a crate. There are several styles, including this fun and colorful one.
8. Dog Potty Training Kit – Teaching your pup to use the potty can be daunting, but this kit makes it much more manageable. It comes with everything your pup needs, including a training pad, treats, and a toy.
9. The Paw Patrol – Your pup will love playing with these exciting paw patrol adventures! This set includes four figures, two vehicles, and two accessories.
10. iCrate for Cats – Like the dog crate, this product is perfect for cats who need a place to live while you’re away. It has a similar design and various features to make your cat’s life easier.
What to Look for in a Dog Kickstart Project
Do you want to teach your dog new tricks but need more time or money to do it yourself? Check out these excellent dog kickstart projects on Kickstarter!
The Dog Toy Project by Rachelle Kilbourne: This project is all about teaching your dog new tricks with interactive playtime. You can choose between a basic set of six toys or upgrade to a group with an interactive dog toy ball launcher, fetch a stick, and tug-of-war rope. The project costs $69, and the estimated delivery date is December 2016.
Howl & Learn by Anna Bronfman: This project helps you teach your dog new howls and barks. You get a CD with 12 recordings of different cries and sailboats, plus a booklet that teaches you how to train your dog using the sounds on the CD. The project price is $39, and the estimated delivery date is November 2017.
Doodle Doo’s Guide to Tricks by Erica Harter: This project teaches dogs 50 tricks, including sit, stay, down, come, lay down, high five, and more. The tricks are taught in an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide with accompanying illustrations. The project costs $29, and the estimated delivery date is December 2017.
The Best Dog Kickstart Projects of 2018!
Kickstarter is a great way to start your project, and plenty of excellent dog kickstart projects are available this year. Here are the five we think are the best:
1. The Dog Walker Project: This project is designed to make walking your dog more accessible and enjoyable. The device attaches to your leash and helps you keep up with your pet while keeping both of you safe.
2. Bark Box for Dogs: This project is designed to give dogs an interactive environment to play and learn new tricks. Each monthly Bark Box comes with toys, treats, and a special message from the creator.
3. PetSafe Home Security Camera System: This system lets you monitor your home while you’re away, and it also has a built-in camera so you can see what’s happening when you’re not around.
4. Paw Patrol Toys: These toys are based on the popular children’s show about a group of rescue animals who live in a police station. Your child will love playing with these fun toys that help teach safety lessons about being safe around pets.
5. Dog Crate Fanatic Toy Box: This toy box is perfect for dogs who love to play fetch, as it has multiple openings that allow them to enter and retrieve their favorite toy inside the box.